Version 4.6 Beta
Weather Message - WxMesgNetUpdB465.exe 2-3-2021
Clients Only - WxClientsNetFullB464.exe 1-15-2021
To successfully install this Weather Message Beta, you must be running version 4.5. WxLocal, WxDataSave, and WxRetran, if used, must be updated at the same time.
Version 4.6 requires the Microsoft.Net Framework 4.8. Supported systems: Windows 10 Build 1607 and newer, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
Version 4.6 will not work with Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, or older operating systems.
Preliminary Release Notes
1. Upgraded the mapping component.
1. Removed the hard coded ingest directory. It now honors the ingest paths in setup.
1. Changes to address an object not set reference when moving over the map image.
1. New program to receive files from GoesTools satellite receiver.
1. Changes to deal with bad images from the satellite receiver.
1. Updated to the latest mapping component.
1. When a loss in data is detected, the program will force a disconnect and attempt to reconnect to the server.
1. Changed logging routines in all programs. The new method keeps the log files open and is more efficient.
1. Added code to compact the large object heap once per hour. This addresses users that have reported an out of memory exception.
1. Addressed an issue with saving the map image while minimized.
1. Added support for channels 1206 and 1207.
1. Added support for interactive login.
1. Removed VTEC setup for the HLS product. It is not coded with VTEC.
1. Upgraded the mapping component from version 10 to version 11. The new component does not have scroll bars.
2. Added support for geotiff layers.
1. If the UGC county or zone cannot be located in our list of counties, send the county or zone code to the map. It was previously sending a not found indicator.
1. Changed the way that the program locates counties on the map. This should address problems with some counties not be found and highlighted. It also addresses a problem with counties that have non-contiguous areas. Users need to download the latest map updates from the website.
1. Upgrade the tcp/ip components to the 2020 version.
1. Updated the tooltip provider to provide better response.
1. Options now has a new tab for multicast. You can select either broadcast or multicast. You can now select the interface associated with the multicast, multicast address and port.
1. Change the multicast code to support broadcast or multicast.
1. Setting a default printer will take effect immediately.
1. Changed the connection process to address a problem with the program already attempting a connection.
1. Short messages that start with a exclamation symbol (!) will no longer be stripped of line breaks or embedded spaces.
1. Changes to try and reconnect when a ping fails.
1. Changes to address publishing permissions and security for facebook.
1. When archiving to the local computer, the program will not check to see if the directory exits when you have variables in the path.
1. Archiving a file locally with the no overwrite option will stop incrementing after 250 duplicates.
2. Archiving a file locally will now automatically create missing directories. This is needed for those using variables in the path name.
1. Added more error checking when entering Quick Lists. This addresses a crash when you leave the category blank.